Friday, December 16, 2011

Day 6 12 Days of Christmas Blog Hop Dec 12-23

Welcome to the 12 Days of Christmas Blog Hop hosted by Honeybearz Designs. The hop runs from December 12-23 and has some wonderful prizes. If you came here from Nicolette's blog then you are in the right place. If not, please go back to Lisa's blog and visit all of our hop stops. 
Here is our wonderful line up:


 Lisa Pontious ~ http://honeybearzdesigns2011.blogspot.com/
 
 Theresa ~ http://www.thescrapbookingqueen.com/

 Ashley ~ http://theglamoroussideofscrapping.blogspot.com
 Anita ~http://www.anitaandbugs.blogspot.com

 Amy Jo ~ http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com

 Lynda ~ http://memoriesintyme.blogspot.com/

 Mindy ~ http://papercreationsbymindyblog.blogspot.com/

 Janet ~ http://ladyluvbug.blogspot.com/

 Nicolette ~ www.beyondscrapin.blogspot.com

 Shawnee ~ http://www.blessedonthebrightside.com YOU ARE HERE

 Inga     http://mommahobbit.blogspot.com/ YOUR NEXT STOP

 Tami ~ http://tamboscreations.blogspot.com/

 Kerri ~ http://crafttimeandcupcakes.blogspot.com/



Welcome back for Day 6 of our 12 Days of Christmas hop.



Today's project is a simple card with Winter Frolic, ribbon, CardzTV Stamps, and a button.
Okay to start my project I opened up Cricut Craftroom which I love! The only thing I don't love is the layering for this cartridge but I figured it out. 

The Tag from Winter Frolic (my new favorite cartridge) is cut at 4 inches
Then I cut the sentiment mat - in Plaid Paper from DCWV   The Christmas Stack at 1.5 inches. I inked around the edges with Gingerbread chalk ink. (LOVE this color) 
Then I cut the Cream cardstock at 1.403 (Love that I can do that in Cricut Craftroom) inked around it with Gingerbread ink again and then stamped it with Cardz TV Stamps Classic Christmas stamp set Merry Christmas (I LOVE THIS FONT) in Tim Holtz Distress Ink Walnut Stain. 
Then I used a simple Christmas tree button (Isn't it cute) to accent the tag. 


It's simple but my husband said cute. He cracks me up. I love that he supports my crafting hobby. He doesn't understand it and when he goes into Hobby Lobby, Michaels, etc. He reads twitter and the sports scores but he still will go with me. 


Now besides Mary's stamps that made this project super easy, I tried Zip Dry Paper Glue at the recommendation of my scrapbooking friend and store owner Kristi. It's the best!! Thanks Kristi, it made my project so much easier. 


Now for blog candy - It's ongoing for the month of December. I will take all comments for December and enter them into random.org and choose a winner at the end of the month. 


That's all til tomorrow now hop on over to Inga's blog to see what wonderful Christmas creations she has for you!! 


If all goes well tomorrow's project is a yummy Christmas treat!


Merry Christmas and see you tomorrow for Day 7!! 


Shawnee

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to visit today! I love to read your comments. If you have a blog, I'd love to visit it.

Have a blessed day!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin