Recently my oldest son graduated high school, I was so happy and proud of him for this wonderful accomplishment. In honor of his graduation, I made a very pretty graduation card from a Lori Whitlock file.
The sentiment is from CardzTV stamps Happy Days Stamp Set. This set has all the wonderful sentiments for all your card making needs.
Thank you to a video from Lorrie which helps make the card even better. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmSWe-Oc0TQ
Dear Graduate,
I remember when a dear mentor and friend wrote me a graduation letter. I saved it through the years and every time I felt defeated in life---I pulled out that letter to help me through. I had planned on writing a similar letter for you as graduation is such a pivotal moment in your life.
Instead I have no words so I'll say that I'll pray for you. I'll pray that the Lord who I entrusted and dedicated you to at a young age will cover you and carry you always. I will pray that He will be your strength when you are hurting, your comfort when you need comfort, and your shelter when you need somewhere to run to, and your shield.
I'm thankful for the Lord's guidance in his helping me all the years of parenting. It definitely wasn't an easy journey raising you. But I'm thankful for all the struggle as it was worth it.
I've constantly seen the Lord work in your life and through our family. I pray that always continues for you as well.
I pray that you seek Him first always knowing that things of this world cannot satisfy your longings but it is Jesus alone who can satisfy. I pray that you stay grounded and remember to read your Bible and pray daily. As in this day and age you need it to get through the day. The most important thing is that you remember to seek first His Kingdom and all these things will be added unto you. I pray that you respect honor those who have authority over you. Because when it seems like you know it all - Elders definitely know best. They have experience and have been through tough times and lived through it.
Finally Jeremiah 29:11 is very true. God has great plans for your life. He does just as He promises in Romans 8:28 and always be thankful and grateful for tomorrow is never promised and we need to cherish the memories that we make today.
Have Big Dreams and You'll Go Far!!
Love always,
Mom



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to visit today! I love to read your comments. If you have a blog, I'd love to visit it.
Have a blessed day!