As moms we have been told many ideas over the years that we have believed. Being a mom of eleven children, people have shared a lot of advice with me over the years. I have often felt like that I am not good enough, not called, and not qualified enough for this job that God has called me to. I have been told that good moms always have children with no dirt under their fingernails, good moms always have cookies ready for their kids, your house needs to be white glove perfect, and so many more.
Recently I have been blessed to be part of an amazing launch team for the upcoming release of a new book by Karen Ehman & Ruth Schwenk called "Hoodwinked" Ten Myths Moms Believe & Why We Need to Knock It Off.
I have been reading this book for about 2 weeks now and it has changed my life in reminding me that I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength Philippians 4:13
You have just 5 days left to Pre-Order this amazing book and get loads of freebies. These freebies include:
- Two free chapters to Hoodwinked:
- “The Mythical Mosiac of Motherhood”
- “Everything Depends on You”
- The mini e-book, A Guide to Praying from Your Children
- Five downloadable Hoodwinked screensavers for your phone
- Link to Hoodwinked Curriculum Session 1
- Life Intentional Daily Planner
- Five Family Favorite Retro Recipes
In order to get these freebies send a copy of the receipt that you have purchased the book to hoodwinkedthebook@gmail.com from now until Midnight, Pacific Time, on Monday, November 2, 2015.
You can learn more about this here
A few favorite my quotes from the book include:
"Make it your goal to work yourself out of a job. If a child can use a cell phone, they can run a washing machine."
"Mothering Isn't a Recipe. It's a Relationship with God. Run to Jesus. Both When You Fail and When you Get it Right."
I love this one the most "Raise Your Children on your knees." - This one is the most important to raise our children and placing their lives in Jesus hands every day.
I hope you will take some time and read about this great book. Pre-Order it today! I know that it will be a blessing. It will change your perspective on Motherhood and remind you that you are equipped for the job that the Lord has called you to do. Keep doing a great job and don't believe the myths of Motherhood and lies of the enemy!!
Have a blessed Wednesday!!
Shawnee








No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to visit today! I love to read your comments. If you have a blog, I'd love to visit it.
Have a blessed day!