In 2009, Jackson was given the mitochondrial cocktail which consists of Co Enzyme Q 10, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, B 50, and B12. He started to be able to do things that he couldn't before. With the addition of the MTC Pro Cal, we saw our son be able to do things that he couldn't before. He still has down days. As Mitochondrial disease is an energy depleting disorder. But he is doing better today than 5 years ago. We still don't know what kind of mito he has. We know he has a rare variant. But I can say that I am thankful for our doctors, dietitians, nurses, etc who have worked tirelessly for him and for our family. I am thankful for my friends who have been there and supported us with prayers and a listening ear.
I will share Brighton's story this week when we have our Birthday Hop for him on the 20th. I am so happy to celebrate that my little boy has made it to age 2. God is faithful. Take some time today educate yourself. Learn about mitochondrial disease. You will be glad you did.
This week we are turning our lights green to support awareness. We need a cure. This disease must be stopped.
Watch this week for more mitochondrial disease posts and pray for the families of those children with this horrible disease.
Blessings,
Shawnee
I will share Brighton's story this week when we have our Birthday Hop for him on the 20th. I am so happy to celebrate that my little boy has made it to age 2. God is faithful. Take some time today educate yourself. Learn about mitochondrial disease. You will be glad you did.
This week we are turning our lights green to support awareness. We need a cure. This disease must be stopped.
Watch this week for more mitochondrial disease posts and pray for the families of those children with this horrible disease.
Blessings,
Shawnee




No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to visit today! I love to read your comments. If you have a blog, I'd love to visit it.
Have a blessed day!