Thanksgiving is one of those holidays which always seems rushed! Rush to get the turkey and all of the fixin's. Rush to make out your Black Friday Shopping List and then rush everyone home to go do your shopping. Rush to have dinner done either before the football games or during halftime. Rush to visit family and friends. Rush to Eat and Eat and Eat! And when all is said and done and the rush is over - you might say "I'm grateful just to sit down and relax"!
Well, this year is different, it's time to sit back, take it easy without the rush. With Thanksgiving being one of our favorite holidays, it is a time to be thankful, reflectful, and to have a thankful heart. Sasha, Lynne's 6 year old granddaughter, has a heart shaped box which was conceived from a cartoon character that she watches, Kai-lan. Kai-lan is a Chinese girl that wears a heart-shaped box around her neck and fills it with things that makes her heart happy.
We want to share "what makes our heart happy" and thankful through either cards and/or layouts. It is time to reflect and remember that the first Thanksgiving was celebrated to give thanks to God for a bountiful Harvest. Our Harvest is our lives. We are expressing our Thanks from our hearts to God and the people who have come into our lives whether they be family or friends.
We do have some blog candy to offer to help you finish your fall projects just in time to start your holiday projects which include self-stick gems, stick pin, Candi foam pads, and a Family Scrapbook Kit along with a paper mache heart for you to decorate to hold the things that make your heart "happy"! To be eligible for the blog candy, please leave a comment on each of the participants of what you're thankful for or what makes your heart "happy".
If you came here from Amy's blog then you are in the right place, if not please go back to the beginning at Lynne
Here's the line-up for you as we don't want you to get lost along the way as I'm sure all the bread crumbs are being used for "stuffing" . . .
Lynne - http://
Susan - http://
Amy - http://www.lovetocrop.com
Shawnee - http://
Jearise - http://
Anita- http://
Kari - http://
Thank you sew much for hopping along with us today! Have a very Blessed Thanksgiving with the things that make your heart happy!
For my project today I made a cute gift card holder. I used my Imagine for this project. (It works really well when it's not being fincky.) To make this gift card holder I took a piece of cardstock that was 5 inches by 11 inches and scored it at 2 1/2 and 6 inches. Then on my Imagine I used Imagine More and cut out a cute Grateful flower and then the inside is some very pretty floral paper where the gift card goes.
I really love how it turned out. I am grateful for my friend Loridee who I made this for. She won a gift card from Kohl's and gave it to her mom for a surprise. It is also how I had the idea to start Cards for Brighton which helped Brighton get to Georgia and will help us go back in March.
I really love how it turned out. I am grateful for my friend Loridee who I made this for. She won a gift card from Kohl's and gave it to her mom for a surprise. It is also how I had the idea to start Cards for Brighton which helped Brighton get to Georgia and will help us go back in March.
I am so incredibly grateful. I have been doing a Day of Thanks Challenge mainly on Facebook but constantly living my life as I want my kids to...with an attitude of gratitude.
Originally I had a cute Vinyl wall art project to show you but the cats PJ and Teddy got it. It was on the wall and they climbed up. They are like two little kids but I love them. I promise to show that to you soon.
Originally I had a cute Vinyl wall art project to show you but the cats PJ and Teddy got it. It was on the wall and they climbed up. They are like two little kids but I love them. I promise to show that to you soon.
Okay for Blog Candy - You will win a set of Christmas cards made by me. They will be your choice of Penguin, Tree, or Santa.
Thank you for joining me today now you are on to the very talented Jearise
Thank you for joining me today now you are on to the very talented Jearise
Blessings,


Beautiful GC holder! The flower is so pretty! Can't wait 2 c your original project! I have 4 cats right now~2 adults, 1-7 month old & 1-7wk. old, so I get it~lol! Following via GFC! Thanx~prhmangel(at)gmail(dot)com
ReplyDelete