Monday, May 2, 2011

Day 2 Happily Ever After Blog Hop

Welcome back to the Happily Ever After Blog Hop. This blog hop runs from May 1st through May 4th. If you are coming from Emily you’re on the right track. If you just joined us, you can go back to the beginning  HERE  and hop along with us. Go ahead I'll wait right here ...
We’ve had so much fun creating this hop, and we have a wonderful line up with some oh-so-talented creators. You will see some lovely projects having to do with a wedding or anniversary theme and have a chance to win some blog candy along the way, including some grand prizes which are being sponsored by Lisa from Honeybearz Designs and she is the first blog on the hop. In order to be eligible for the grand prizes you must leave a comment on every blog in the hop and become followers to all the wonderful sponsors websites also.
Be sure to come back everyday between May 1st and May 4th because all blogs in this hop will post a new project each day. Lisa from Honeybearz Designs will be picking the grand prize winners from all the comments left throughout the 4 days.

Here is a list of the complete lineup for this hop
Lisa : http://honeybearzdesigns2011.blogspot.com/
Emily: http://www.createserendipity.net/
Shawnee: http://quiverofangels.blogspot.com/ - YOU ARE HERE
Lisa: http://handmadewithlove-lisa.blogspot.com/ - YOUR NEXT STOP
Theresa: http://www.thescrapbookingqueen.com/
Inga: http://mommahobbit.blogspot.com/
Joy Joyslife: http://www.joyslife.com/
Deborah: http://www.scrappingmamma.net/ 
Corrine: http://celebratingordinarymoments.blogspot.com/
Tristan: http://tristans-time-4-craftin.blogspot.com/
Tricia: http://lshdesigns.blogspot.com/
April: http://www.curlsngrins.blogspot.com/
Kimi & Pamela: http://lovebugcreations3.blogspot.com/
Scraps To Treasures: http://www.scraps2treasure.blogspot.com/ 
Janet: http://www.createatdreamscrapbooks.blogspot.com/
Lisa: http://bitbythecricutbug.blogspot.com/



Today's project is a cute gift bag for any bride to give to her bridesmaids. It was made on my Gypsy with Tags, Bags, Boxes and More.
This really cute and simple Gift bag is cut at 5 inches in beautiful Sage Green Cardstock. You will want to use a very heavy weight cardstock to make this bag.
The scallop is from Celebrations with using the hide feature to hide the circle at the top and is cut at 2.5 inches.
Next I cut a simple Circle from George and Basic Shapes at 2 inches. I used my Gypsy to make sure that the circle would fit perfectly inside the scallop.
Then I stamped a beautiful bouquet of flowers from the wonderful Fiskars Wedding stamp set and colored it with my wonderful markers.
Next, I had to add some glitz. So I added Stickles to the center of each rose.
To assemble the gift bag, I ran it through my Cuttlebug Swirls folder.
The bag itself was very easy to assemble. Simple score on all your score marks with your Martha Stewart Score Board or Scor Pal.

It's really easy to assemble and quick. One of these will take you about 10 minutes to make.
Now the cute pink bow is from Lisa who is our blog hop host. She sent all of us a fantastic gift bag for being a part of the hop. I loved how it added color and made this bag pop.
To fill the gift bag you can go to Bath and Body works and get simple travel size products (hand lotion, hand sanitizer, etc.)
Okay now onto my Blog candy!! I love stamps so you will receive one of my favorite stamps from VERVE! The stamp is I can do all Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me. Verve has some of the highest quality stamps and fun designs.
To enter please leave a comment about your favorite wedding or anniversary memory or project that you made. Also follow my Facebook Page.

Now you are ready to hop on over to Lisa who has a beautiful project for you!!

Blessings,

25 comments:

  1. That is too stinkin cute! Love the embossing. Gave it a real elegant touch.
    TFS!
    Kathie
    Kathlee154atgmaildotcom
    http://kathleessnippitsncricuts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no....I forgot to mention my favorite project! I am currently working on a card for my daughter who is getting married on Saturday. It is cream and pink with lots of antique lace that I picked up in an antique shop in Mass. I am currently making and decorating a keepsake box to keep it in.
    TFS!
    Kathie
    Kathlee154atgmaildotcom
    http://kathleessnippitsncricuts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute!! My favorite anniversary memory is when my husband and I went on a trip to Missouri! We had a great time!

    amandawoodau at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute bag! I made a scrapbook of our wedding. It was the first one I ever did. I really like how it turned out and it was so much fun doing it.

    jlieungh23@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely project - TFS!
    pam_lash at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful gift idea!! You did an amazing job on this!!
    Janet
    http://createatdreamscrapbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the bow! TFS
    God Bless,
    Jillian
    ajillianvancedesign@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it I am getting married in september and love all the ideas on this hop!!! :)
    gravelprincess@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a cute project! Wish I had seen it when my daughter was getting married, oh well, maybe my son...

    My best memory of a wedding anniversary (I have been married for almost 34 years) was a trip we made to Maine I think it was our 29th or 30th anniversary..we stayed in a "honeymoon cottage" for a week, ate fresh lobster from off of the boat, it was just a fun, relaxing time.
    america57@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great gift idea. I love bags and boxes. My favorite anniversary memory was when i got crafty and made a display of photos and cards my hubby had given me, I had a candle lit bath waiting for him when he got home and a nice romantic dinner! Thanks for sharing. joy4umetoo at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an AWESOME idea! I have never thought to decorate the outside of a gift bag! My favorite anniversary presents was that I made my parents a wedding album. They didn't have enough money to have a professional photographer so they had a friend take the pictures. They had all the photos in a shoe box so for their 30th anniversary they finally had a wedding album! Thanks for sharing and thanks for the chance to win!

    scrappingwithstephanie@gmail.com
    scrappingwithstephanie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute bag - TFS - new follower.
    Hugs ~Jacqueline
    madebyjacqueline.blogspot.com
    madebyjacqueline(at)yahoo(dot)ca

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the bag!
    dea at mcfarland1 dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. glad to be back for day two! What great projects!

    forpahl5atgmaildotcom

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable Shawnee. My favorite anniversary memory is the 5th year wedding anniversary card I made for my husband recently.

    Hugs,
    Patty
    creativediva98.blogspot.com
    creativediva98 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful gift bag! That image is so adorable, TFS!
    Jenn
    www.craftyfulgardens.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. My favorite memory was when we celebrated my 25th anniversary. I proposed to my husband and were remarried:)
    mexicopetshop@hotmail.com

    I am following your facebook and blog

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ohh I love your bag. How neat is that. Thanks so much for sharing
    Trish
    krazykcrafters at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this bag and reusing the ribbon is great too. i do that anytime that I can. This is just the right size too for a lot of those little gifts. Nice job! tfs Tami
    tambo1010atcomcastdotnet
    Tambo's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, I love this , my favorite project was a card that I made recently for William and Kate, I was asked by the Fiddlers Society...everyone loved the card...I sure hope William and Kate does too, that is if they even see it. Loving this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a great idea!! The embossing just brought it to the next level. My favorite memory is when my husband and I were newly married and we were praying with eachother at bedtime and the radio was on. Well we were so tired that we both fell asleep before we finished but about an hr or so later we woke up to a preacher on the radio saying Amen and we both said Amen and then fell asleep. He is truly my soul mate!!
    lsunrae@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. absolutely gorgeous!! It really turned out nice, thanks for sharing!!

    stampinlara at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Adorable bag! I've done a beautiful counted cross stitch design in the wedding party colors for several couples, plus about 10 wedding boxes covered on the outside to look like a gift, including a bow on top, and a miniature of the reception - customized cake, card/money holder, bouquet - inside, with the invitation on the back wall. The grooms always notice that I signed the guest book. Takes about 80 hours, but always popular.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a cute gift bag! The stickles make those roses pop! Love it!

    ~Kimi
    kmbrlysue22 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  25. cute bag.

    Smiles Sher
    ShersL84bed@aol.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit today! I love to read your comments. If you have a blog, I'd love to visit it.

Have a blessed day!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin