Saturday, March 29, 2008

Easter Baskets

So this year I wanted to get creative when it came to Easter baskets. I got a email from Hershey about making Easter Baskets out of pop bottles. So I decided to try it. We had plenty of pop bottles around since the recycling truck hadn't went yet so I decided to try my hand at crafting.

The first step was to cut the pop bottle 5 inches from the bottom. I used a marker to make a circle around the bottle so I would be sure to cut straight.

Then I took fabric and covered the pop bottle. I should have adding batting to it which I will do on the next batch that I am making but everything is trial and error. I used hot glue to glue the fabric to the pop bottle and continued gluing and wrapping the pop bottle til the bottom was totally covered.

Finally I made a handle from the top of the pop bottle. I will cover it in fabric as well. But it was a good way to make cute Easter baskets for the boys this year. I am also going to decoupage a few with some of their favorite comic book characters. I'm sure they will be a big hit!

1 comment:

  1. Those sound so cute! I hope you had a blessed Easter!
    Hugs,
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit today! I love to read your comments. If you have a blog, I'd love to visit it.

Have a blessed day!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin